Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Good and Bad Series: Nail Art Edition 1

Hey guys so I thought it would be a good idea to give you my initial thoughts on a lot of the nail art striping polishes out there on the market! There are a ton of them and well some of them are not that great! Here I will be sharing with you the price, color choices and what I think of them. I will be posting a video on my YouTube channel that you can check out within a couple of days! I will do an update post for that if interested in the that video. 

Okay so starting off on a good note! I am going to begin with the brand Sinful Colors. These are so amazing and affordable and they have lots of colors! They are extremely pigmented and the striping brush is perfect!  I love this brand, I found mine at Walgreens and recently spotted them at Target. They are 1.99 each and you get 0.25 fl. oz.
 Ok so in the above picture are the sinful colors nail art bottles. I don't know about you guys but I love the packaging it reminds me a lot of Julep's packaging its so cute and sleek, I love it!
Now for this picture I wanted to show you the brushes, as you can tell they aren't too skinny and or wide and practically perfect! Plus they aren't too short either or too long they are just seriously perfect! 
Above are all of the Sinful Colors Nail Art polishes. Now I want you to keep in mind that these are all swatched on a white base because that is all I had but they are super opaque even when not place on a white base! If you are wondering why the purple/violet color is so thick it is because I had to switch it to a regular nail polish brush because I accidentally left the striping brush out and it dried and got hard. :/ but oh well i will manage! 

On to the next:
Kiss Nail Art Brushes these aren't very good but they do work. For me they really aren't all that opaque and they have a really funky smell to them. The only one that I care for is the silver one because it isn't really meant to be opaque since it is a glitter. Now these I have found pretty much everywhere and they sell for about 6.99-7.99. They also come in sets of 3. 
The packaging on these are okay nothing spectacular and well you see there that I only have 5 instead of 6, well I am not 100% sure where my white one went, for all I know it could be in the trash. But oh well not a loss.
Now as you can see here is the striper brush and it is a little bit short for me and the brush is a little bit wider as well. So I didn't love that about it, but it will get the job done if you are careful with it.
Here they all are swatched above, now remember again they are on a white base! I can tell you that the green and the navy are not pigmented at all as well as the pink, they need at least  3 coats to show up like that on your nail!

The next brand I am going to talk about it is L.A. Colors Art Deco nail art polishes. These were actually shocking and surprisingly pigmented but they aren't very good for using as stripers. You will see why here in a couple pictures. I believe that I have seen these in CVS before and I am sure other places as well. I think they sell anywhere from 1.49 to 1.99.
The packaging is okay nothing special but it does look like its on the cheap side, unfortunately.
Okay so as you can probably tell is that the brush is really really thick and it way too long. Also the product is super thick and hard to apply because of that! Also the pigmentation varies on everything which you will see here momentarily. It also has a weird smell to it. So not a huge fan but I can make them work for something.
Okay so as you can tell the purple/blue glitter isn't opaque at all and neither is the green but when you see the red it is extremely opaque! So the formulas are quite weird with these.

Okay next:
Island Girl Nail Stripers
I picked these up in hawaii last year so you can only really find them online or at an ABC Store if your in hawaii. I really do like these stripers because they also have a pen applicator which is neat! Now these are all glitters so they are not meant to be opaque.
I think the packaging is adorable! Also if you are wondering why they are kind of all July 4th inspired. Well I am not really sure , but I was there in July and that is why I bought them! But this set of 4 was around 11.00 I believe! So I think it is well worth the money.
Now here I am showing you the brush as well as the pen tip! The product comes out of the pen tip perfectly and the nail brush is again just the right size.
Now like I said previously they are glitters and aren't meant to be opaque they are quiet nicely pigmented though for being glitters and they dry super fast!

Okay moving on to another bad one for me anyways is the Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen. They can be found pretty much everywhere and they cost about 7.99. For the tips they are really hard and it is really hard for the product to even come out of the pen.
Although the packaging is super cute  I just can't find it in myself to LOVE these products. But the packaging is very basic and nothing special.
Now this is what the applicator looks like, just a typical looking felt tip pen except it is extremely hard. You need to make sure that your nail polish is 100% dry otherwise you will ruin it. You have to press down on the tip to get the polish to actually flow down to the tip and that gets messy. They do dry quickly which is good but still not worth it to me.
Here are all the colors swatched. They have a huge variety of colors but again just not very easy to use. Unless you are fantastic at nail art and I for one am not.

Now I am going to talk about Nail Candy Pen. I really really like these too! They would be great to travel with and they do have a nice quality to them. You can purchase these at www.nailcandypen.com now on the website the colors are not very true! So be careful of that. They sell for about 10.00 each.
So here they are they are double ended and the colors at least coordinate! Which I think is perfect. Just super cute packaging as well.
As you can tell from this picture it has a regular nail polish brush and a nail art pen! How fun, the polish comes out of the tip of the pen very easily and the nail brush is just the right size!
Here are the colors swatched again on a white base but still they are very opaque with just one coat for the yellow and the blue! I really love both of these.

Revlon French Mix Nail Art, I like these but not what they are intended for so it is okay but I am mostly complaining because it doesn't work for what it is advertised as! These retail for about 7.99 and I have seen them at Ulta and Target and Walgreens.
 I really do like the packaging it is nice and sleek but again I want to complain because they are not opaque and it just doesn't work! :/ But they are good for traveling.
The brush is a regular sized brush not to small or to large, practically perfect! 
Now this is where it starts to get bad. Now they look okay here but they are on a white base. If you were to put this on your nice natural nail, just NO. It takes at least 3 coats for them to even be opaque! 

Now I wanted to leave this blog off on a good note and that would be with the product CM Nail Art. What an amazing product that I actually discovered through a Gel Nail Art Kit! Which I am going to be talking about in another post or video (not sure yet). You can get these throughout certain places online for about 2.49 but get more info here > www.lechatnails.com
Very typical packaging and the brush is literally perfect and there is no dry time!! 
Here is the swatch and very opaque! I definitely recommend these! :)

I hope you enjoyed this post! Please check out all the links down below and have an amazing day!
Emily

MY LINKS:
YouTube Video > http://youtu.be/EnyNWQ9rlX4



No comments:

Post a Comment