Friday, November 21, 2014

Cleaning Makeup Brushes and Beauty Blenders or Sponges.

Okay so I thought I would do a quick and easy post and share with you all how I clean my brushes and my beauty blender. I know there are many videos and blog posts about this and I guess I am just going to kind of show you my way. I mean there really isn't a wrong way as long as you are cleaning your brushes without damaging them then you keep doing you! haha Lets get on with it shall we?

Okay so the things that I use are Mild Baby Shampoo, Olive Oil and a Bar of Soap. So the first thing I like to do is literally just use my hand and put the baby soap in it and then I will grab my brush and swirl it in the soap and then run it under the warm water and just keep repeating until its clean! After I do that to all of my brushes then I move onto the Olive Oil step which is to help condition and clean my brushes even more. I basically do the same process with those and then I am done.

Now for my beauty blenders and sponges I like to use a solid soap. You can do this with the knock off beauty blenders, or even the throw away makeup sponges and just get a few more uses out of them than normal. So what I do is I will just get the soap and sponge wet and just rub the sponge over the soap and then I just keep doing that same process until the warm water runs clean. That is very simple to clean them, I find that using a solid is a lot easier to get rid of all the soap and dirt as opposed to using a liquid.

So for drying my brushes I just set them at an angle with the bristles pointing down that way all of the water runs out of the barrel. I set them on top of a towel and literally propped up with books or something I find lying around. For the sponges I just make sure I have gotten all of the water out of them and just lay them where ever on my towel and they should all be dry by morning.

Now you should clean your brushes every two weeks or depending how often you use them, but lets be real I hardly ever clean my brushes which I know is bad but it is a pain in the but!

Anyways I hope this helped you with some ideas and let me know in the comments how you clean your brushes and sponges!!! <3 Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment