Sunday, November 13, 2016

Lime Light by Alcone Skin Care Review!


Hello everyone! Long time no read...ay?

 

Today I am bringing to you a Skin Care Review! First off I want to thank Dana Michel for sending me these samples to review for all of my readers. I also want to mention that these photos ARE NOT MINE. I have taken these from Lime Lights website so that you will have a better view of the product itself. Please also keep a look out I will be posting a video review on my YouTube Channel so please go check out my channel www.youtube.com/user/XxweluvmakeupxX and SUBSCRIBE to be notified when my video goes live. Now lets get into the review!

 

 

To PURCHASE any of the products you see in my review and to see more of the products they have to offer such as makeup and other skin care items please visit their website www.limelightbyalcone.com/diana/products

 

 



Overview of Lime Light by Alcone: Looking over their website they have posted on every page that all of their products are phthalate free, paraben free, chemical free and cruelty free. For each products page they list the ingredients, how to use their product and 'The Story' behind the product and why certain ingredients are in the product.

 My Skin Overview: I do want to let you know of my skin just really quick before I begin. My skin is oily to dry. I have an oily forehead and a little bit around my nostrils. I have very dry cheeks and a little bit of a dry nose on the bridge and between my brows. I have enlarged pores and of course acne prone skin. For me personally my skin reacts well to salicylic acid and tea tree oil. I love to do face masks, I currently use St Ives Collagen Elastin Lotion daily. I also use the St Ives Apricot Scrub once a week and the White Rain Face Cleanser daily. To remove makeup I will use the Garnier Micellar Water. **DISCLAIMER: This week I did not use any of these products and in place used these products by Lime Light**

 

 


Skin Therapist; Moisturizer: This product is recommended for normal to dry skin or mature skin types. As recommended on their website they say to gently massage into face, neck, and décolleté after cleansing, paying special attention to dry areas. For this product their main focus is the pomegranate and oats. The pomegranate sterols really concentrate on dry areas of the face and the oats are calming to the skin and help to reduce inflammation. The full size container is a pump and the full size bottle contains 1.8 OZ and retails for $26.00.


My Thoughts: When first opening my sample I immediately smelled the product, my initial thought is that it has a very natural herbal scent. It definitely doesn't smell like pomegranate at all but the scent is not overpowering at all and once massaged into the skin the scent disappears. I have used this product 4 times, so a little goes a long way! Overall it made my skin very rejuvenated and moisturized and I would give this product 8 out of 10 stars.

 

 

 
Dream Clean; Cleanser: This product is recommended for normal to oily skin types or acne prone skin types. On their website they recommend if you have oily skin to use this once in the morning and once in the evening. If you have combination they recommend to use Dream Clean in the evening and their other cleanser Quench Cleanse in the morning, but for this product all you do is massage into the skin using circular, upward strokes. Remove with several splashes of warm water followed by a cool water splash. For this product their main focus is the aloe and soapberry. The aloe is infused into this product to create a barrier for the skin and to keep residue out and moisture in. The soapberry is a natural cleanser that also fights sun spots on the skin. The full size container does have a pump and the full size amount is 4 OZ and retails for $26.00.

 

My Thoughts: This product is very lightweight and it just has a clean smell to it. For my personally I don't think that this did well for my dry areas and in the end I had to use a lot more product to use on my face. It does suds up nice and it does remove heavy face makeup as well. I'm just not convinced that this is the best cleanser for my skin. I give this product a 4 out of 10 stars. 

 

 
Skin Polish; Face Mask: For this product they state that this is recommended for all skin types. To use this mask just apply generously to freshly cleansed and damp skin. Massage for 30 seconds and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Remove with several splashes of warm water followed by a cool water splash. The main ingredients for this mask is the lemon peel and jojoba beads. The lemon peel is to stimulate new cell growth and the jojoba beads are a natural way to exfoliate. This product comes in a jar like container, the full size amount is 4 OZ and retails for $38.00

 

My Thoughts: First thought when using this in the shower, OMG it smells delicious. It smells like the lemon cheesecake dessert from Olive Garden (if you know what I am talking about). I also am obsessed with this product, when I first used this I just used this as an exfoliator and not a mask. I am dying, this is amazing. I could see results with just one use. My skin felt so soft and silky smooth very impressed! I definitely would recommend to use this as a daily gentle exfoliator, I was able to use this product 3 times and god I wish I had more. This is definitely going on my To Buy list. I give this a 10 out of 10 stars! 

 



Masque of Zen; Face Mask: This is my last product and it is recommended for normal to oily skin or acne prone skin. They recommend to apply generously to freshly cleansed and damp skin. Massage for 30 seconds then leave on for 10-15 minutes. Remove with a warm, moist, cloth followed by several splashes of warm water. Also if you have acne prone skin this can be used to 3-4 times a week. But is also recommended for weekly use. The main focus for this product is the clay based formula and the tea tree oil. The tea tree oil is great for reducing inflammation and preventing acne. The full size container is in a jar like container and the full size contains 4 OZ and retails for $38.00.

 

My Thoughts: When I used this product for the first time, there wasn't a noticeable smell to me. The sample I received was also only good for one use. But when I applied this it was just a white cream and when applied and dried to my face it felt like a heavier white powder. I could definitely feel this tightening and firming my skin. It was very gentle and I could definitely see myself using this on a weekly basis. I would give this 8 out of 10 stars.


Please be sure to check out all of my other social media sites:
http://www.twitter.com/Emilyle96
http://www.instagram.com/Emilyle96
http://www.emilyle96.blogspot.com

THANKS FOR READING

No comments:

Post a Comment